You may be wondering what the Liebster Award even is, right? It's a blogger award for bloggers who are up and coming and have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. So basically it's really flattering to be nominated for this. It's all about connecting with bloggers and getting the word out about new bloggers that are awesome at what they do!
1. Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger.
2. Choose 11 bloggers with under 200 followers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for the chosen bloggers.
4. Go to their page and tell them about their nomination.
5. No tag backs!
Questions I was asked:
1. What's the one beauty product you can't live without?
This is incredibly difficult. I'm really torn because I need coconut oil for my hair, moisturizer for my face, and body lotion for the rest of my skin. I'm really picky about my appearance lately. I'm going to have to say body lotion. At the very least I always know that when my boyfriend touches my arms and legs they're going to be soft.
2. Who inspires you?
My mom, sisters, and a million other women. Besides the women in my family I'm incredibly inspired by smart, stylish women who have got it together. I read a book once about some popular fashion icons' personal style and I was incredibly inspired by reading about their busy lives and how they still have time to channel their energy into the things they love and fashion.
3. Something that you learnt recently.
Highlights can even cause a lot of drying damage to hair! My hair was a horrible mess after I got it done last week and it's already a lot better since I've been soaking it in coconut oil and doing conditioning treatments. I'm definitely learning how to take care of my hair better.
4. Are you better in the morning or at night?
Definitely at night. I'm more productive and nicer. In the mornings I am an absolute horror.
5. Grab 5 beauty products that are nearby. What are they?
Coconut oil, Stila "Amelia" Lip color, Bio Oil (aka my savior!), OPI nail polish in The Thrill of Brazil, and Jergen's ultra hydrating moisturizer (which I'm not sure I would recommend yet so don't get it because I put it here).
6. Why did you start blogging?
For starters this is admittedly not the first time I've tried fashion blogging, but this blog feels right. I wanted to write something that didn't have content I saw very often. I wanted to make something for everyone and I thought since I was pregnant I would have a new perspective on things and it would be different this time. I was really right. I wanted to share my views on the things that I am passionate and care about, so this is perfect.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
It would either be on the beach, which would be my personal preference, or in the country with a big backyard where my boy could play with the puppy and the baby could eventually run around freely. Either way somewhere beautiful where I wouldn't have to worry about other people bothering us.
8. Current favourite colour palette?
I don't have a favorite ): But I have been diligently looking for one that I really love. I'm really into neutral palettes, even if they're dark or light. I just like something I can wear with a lot of different outfits.
9. What are your goals for your blog?
I really don't have an overall follower goal or a long term idea of where things are going yet. I just know that I'm having fun doing what I'm doing and I hope that I at least put some positive ideas in one person's mind. I have a lot of plans to add more stuff about plus size girls, women of color, and overall inclusiveness in fashion and beauty. I'm aiming for some guest posts in October from a diverse group of people. (If you're interested in guest posting send me an email with some ideas! email@example.com )
10. What is your most recent beauty/fashion purchase?
I bought some makeup brush cleaner and some Stila lipstick at Sephora yesterday. I have yet to use either, but the lipstick looks awesome and I'm excited to try the brush cleaner and see if it actually works because it was only $6.00.
11. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be and why?
You have some good questions, girl. This is a very difficult one for me to answer. Hmmm... I would have to say right now Victoria Beckham. She's a working mom with a beautiful family and a killer sense of style.
(sorry if anyone has more than 200 followers & this is in no particular order)
1. Abi: A Little Abstract
2. Rosie: Life And Louboutins
3. Noelle: This is Noelle
4. Olivia: How Olivia Does It
5. Karen: KPSays
6. Leigh: ImLeigh Beauty
7. Rebekah: The Casual Fancy
8. Karin: Closet Struck
9. Amy: The Powdered Nose
10. Monica: Chic Black Chick
11. Paven: Thread of Style
Questions for My Nominees:
1. If you could would you live forever? Why or why not?
2. If you had to erase any item from your regular beauty routine, what would it be?
3. What is one item in your closet that you absolutely couldn't live without?
4. What do you think is an issue in the fashion/beauty industry that should be talked about more often?
5. What do you love about the way you look?
6. What do you love about your personality?
7. What makes your blog different from everyone else's?
8. When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
9. Do you have any beauty/fashion pet peeves?
10. What five items do you never forget to bring with you on any vacation in any season?
11. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
If I nominated you I would love to see your responses! Just email them to me, tweet them at me, or leave a comment with the link below. I hope you guys have fun with this and continue enjoying your blogs. Much love.