Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Feeling Patriotic Outfits for Fourth of July

Feeling patriotic this week? Independence day is just around the corner and I know most of us, living in the United States at least, probably have big plans that involve being out  in the heat all day and night. I put together some easy outfits to wear for the holiday for almost any occasion you can think of.

First of all I would like to apologize for the poor quality of these photos. We're currently renovating the house (mostly for the baby) and that means that a lot of my stuff is away in storage, including my good camera. I decided that I would just do this anyways and substitute in my webcam, but the results weren't as satisfying as I'd hoped.

Also, just a quick update, I thought I would let you guys know that once I get up to 100 followers on Bloglovin I will be doing a special giveaway! So let your friends know! Now, onto the outfits.






This first outfit is a baby bump accentuating outfit that is really simple to put together. I paired a red and white striped tank with some khaki shorts and a denim button up. As you can see I'm starting to get a little bump and my puppy, Kingston, wanted to get into the pictures and visit with the kicking baby. I thought this outfit would be fun for a picnic or a boat excursion during the day and sitting in the park to watch fireworks at night with friends or family! I was silly enough not to take pictures of any of my shoes, but the shoes I was wearing with this outfit were white blue Vans without laces.



This second look I thought would work well for an outdoor all day event. The cross-body bag is perfect for keeping your things with you, but still carrying it hands free! The white shorts and white stars button up are just the right about of clothing to keep you from burning your butt off in the sun! I was wearing red slip ons with this look. Again, sorry I forgot about taking pictures of the shoes! If I had them I would wear some cat eye glasses or sunglasses with this look. I would usually have worn high waisted shorts with this, unfortunately they don't fit me anymore because of my belly!





Last, but certainly not least, is the outfit that I plan to wear for the fourth! A backwards American flag hat, flowy white tank top with braided straps, red flannel shirt, and cut off shorts that aren't too short! The shoes I wore with this are some keds that matched the beige color of the hat. I plan on staying home with the family and hanging out in the park with them. We're going to roast marshmallows late at night and make smores. The flannel shirt is perfect for tying around your waist in the hot sun, but using to cover up your chilly arms at night!


The makeup that I wore for this was basically my everyday makeup look. I put on my basic foundation, some light eyeshadow, filled in my eyebrows, put on some cat eyes!, then finished with two coats of mascara. It wouldn't hurt to wear some red lipstick with this look, either. I put my hair in a low pony and pinned the stray hairs back, until they started falling! I should have used some spray.

So, what do you think? Would you wear the look that I chose? What are your plans for the fourth? What are you planning on wearing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!