Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sephora Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner

I have been looking about for some makeup brush cleaner all over the place for every day, or at least every other day, use that wasn't going to be more than $10, because let's be honest it's just makeup brush cleaner. It's meant to get the germs and makeup residue off of your brushes and that's it. If it does that then why would I spend $10 on the product and then $8 on shipping when apparently I can just go to Sephora and get this amazing $6 bottle? And it definitely does the trick!

I know a lot of girls don't bother to ever clean their makeup brushes, literally ever. They just wait until their brushes are making them breakout or until they're starting to make their makeup look crappy, then they just throw away perfectly good brushes and buy new ones. As you can see at the top up there my brushes look brand new right now and I use them every single day, other than makeup free Monday, of course. Other than that though my makeup brushes get used a lot and I know the leftover makeup, oils, dead skin, and (worst of all) bacteria can be really bad for your skin especially if it's sensitive, acne prone, or both like mine is right now. And even if your skin isn't sensitive or acne prone, acne is definitely something that can get caused by dirty makeup brushes. We all know that I've been a huge germaphobe lately because of the pregnancy and ridding the germs from this area of my life has greatly improved my skin even over the last few days.

How do you use it?
1. Spray your brush's bristles 2-5 times depending on the size
2. Gently rub it in circles on a paper towel to get all of the makeup off until there isn't anymore.
3. Let the bristles air dry before you use them and make sure they don't dry out of shape.
* You can do this as often as you like to either keep your brushes clean or keep them cleaner than they would be for a deep clean with baby shampoo later on. I suggest doing it every day or every few days at least. Eyeliner brushes must be cleaned more often than the rest.

How often do you guys clean your brushes? Do you use a spray like this or do you do a deep clean with baby shampoo like I do sometimes? Which do you prefer if you do both? Do you use a different method than I do? Are you guilty of throwing your brushes away instead of cleaning them? Because I know I have been in the past.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect! I'm guilty of not washing my brushes as much as I should, but I've never just thrown out good brushes. That's a waste of money, isn't it? This product looks really great! Definitely going to look into it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a waste of money. There are plenty of other types out there, but this is the cheapest one that was reliable that I found.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog! I nominated you for the Liebster award! :) check it out on my blog!
    http://sarahgolez.blogspot.com/2013/07/my-second-liebster-award-yaaaay.html

    xx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!